Thank you for all you do to help families in their greatest hour of need. Funeral homes, cemeteries and crematories along with their suppliers form a strategic alliance of resources that enable us to serve families. We invest in our relationships to grow as professionals and live out the values of high ideals.
Since the convention, our association has been busy. Our board members and Heather have been working hard for you.
- Steve Palmer helped the NFDA craft policy to promote cooperation with state associations.
- Hillary Adair and others dedicated significant effort to help Vital Records launch the D.A.V.E electronic death records registration system.
- Trish and John at the Law Offices of John Mangum have been your advocate to make the necessary changes for the new system.
- Through a contact of Liz Zeig and Stephanie McNaughton, we provided support for Las Vegas funeral homes supporting families of the tragic shooting by providing lunch one day to the responsible funeral homes. This in turn prompted the NFDA to help out the rest of the week.
- We have transitioned to a new bank hoping to reduce costs and improve service.
- We hired a new investment manager looking for improved returns on our investments.
- We had a great group at the Fall Festival where we raised $3,400 for the Children’s Foundation.
- Mark your calendars for all the upcoming events in 2018 (Upcoming Events – 2018)
Our goals going forward are even more ambitious as we seek to serve all funeral homes, cemeteries and crematories in the state. We formed a committee to explore a leadership development initiative. We will be looking for ways to encourage new leaders in the industry and our association. In March, look for an Arrangers Conference using resources of the NFDA. We are also looking forward towards the legislative session beginning in January.
Thank you for your partnership in meeting the needs of families and we appreciate your continued support of the Arizona Funeral Cemetery and Cremation Association!