Mark your calendars, the next Intern Trainee Class will be June 20 and 21, held at the Mortuary Sciences College in Mesa, AZ.
Any interested attendees may call 480-988-8501 to sign up for the class. Cost is $250.00
ARIZONA INTERN TRAINING ORIENTATION
Course Description: Pursuant to Arizona SB-1342 13-1324.01 B
Two (non-credit) 8 hour formal class sessions covering mandated educational training from the Arizona State Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers for proposed intern trainee candidates. Training will consist of:
- Basics of First Call and Transfer of remains into care of funeral home
- Preparation room etiquette
- Safety and Health Concerns in the Preparation Room
- OSHA ( Universal Health and Safety Precautions) Mandatory Staff Training videos and exams covering:
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Facility Design and Emergency Planning, Formaldehyde Safety, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment, Flammables and Combustibles and Recordkeeping
Basic Embalming Theory and Technique (anatomical guides, case analysis, disinfection, sanitation and preservation)
- Funeral Service Ethics
- Applicable Arizona State Law and Rules
- Professionalism and professional conduct in the Funeral Home
Mesa Community College Mortuary Science Building
7440 East Tahoe Ave., Mesa, Arizona 85212
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Two days 16.0 hours
$250.00 includes registration, continental breakfast, lunch, and class materials.
Please contact the instructor, Dr. Thomas R. Taggart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-988-8501 for course information.