Review Draft Bill Here: https://www.azleg.gov/legtext/54leg/1R/bills/HB2694P.pdf
The AFCCA Board of Directors is in favor of this legislation.
Legislation to amend verbiage existing law that:
- Clarifies how funeral escort vehicles are required to be marked
- Puts licensing requirements on drivers under the Arizona State Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers.
- Adds in Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Policy Requirements
- Exempts non-profit organizations such as Patriot Guard Riders
- Sheriff’s Department is in support of this bill
The Bill was held by Rep Campbell at the hearing. The next year will involve all stakeholders meeting to work on verbiage that will work for everyone. This bill will be reintroduced next year.
- Click Sign On at top of page
- Login or create an account
- Click Request to Speak
- Click New Request on left hand side of page
- Type in HB2694 in Search Phrase
- Click Add Request
Bill was introduced to the house. Waiting to be assigned a committee. Week of February 18th is the last week to be heard by a committee.