You will gain extensive knowledge—technical, scientific, and legal—all of which is proactive prevention for future business problems. The class addresses major topic areas such as an overview of the cremation process, equipment and operations, the cremation process in detail, chain of custody, reducing legal risk, and environmental issues related to cremation. A detailed manual is also provided for use during class and serves as an important reference tool. Taught by industry experts, this program provides death care professionals of all backgrounds and levels of experience a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures that will help reduce the risk of litigation.
7:30 am ………………………….. Sign in
8:00 – 12:00 pm ………………… Training
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ……………. Lunch Included
1:00 – 4:00 pm ………………….. Training
Paradise Memorial Gardens
9300 E. Shea Blvd
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
The extensive training curriculum includes:
This course presents material in a series of modules. They are as follows:
Module 1: Overview of the Cremation Process
Module 2: Equipment and Operations
Module 3: The Cremation Process in Detail
Module 4: Chain of Custody
Module 5: Reducing Legal Risk
Module 6: Tying it all Together
Module 7: Cremation & the Environment
AFCCA or CANA Members: $495
Students: $195 (must provide proof of enrollment in a funeral service or mortuary science program); register by submitting a completed registration form with proof of enrollment (any school documentation that includes student’s name, program, school, and current term) and payment. Please email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, and allow at least one (1) business day for processing. Call 312-245-1077 for assistance.
- The complete CANA Crematory Operations Certification course.
- COCP Manual, provided at check-in for in-person participants or as a download for online participants.
- Crematory Operator Certificate, mailed after successful completion of all course requirements. Certificates are valid for five (5) years. To renew certification, you will need to take the course again.
THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO ALL FUNERAL INDUSTRY PERSONNEL. Certification is required for licenses in Arizona.
Students register by submitting these two (2) items via email to email@example.com. Please give one (1) business day for processing. Call 312-245-1077 for assistance
- completed registration form including payment
- proof of enrollment (any school documentation that includes all of the following: student’s name, program, school, and current term)