Another conference has come and gone! This year’s theme was to “Tell Your Story” where attendees, speakers and supplier/service partners were encouraged to share how they entered into the death care profession and why they are passionate to continue. These stories are incredibly powerful, and it enlightened so many of us to hear from people we have known and worked with for so long.
During the opening ceremonies, we welcomed the Phoenix Fire Department Honor Guard for the presentation of colors and honored those we lost this past year in the Annual Memorial Video.
We had 37 supplier partner and service providers exhibiting in our Expo Hall, and we heard from speakers fantastic speakers:
- Natasha Culbertson & Tracie Smith, Arizona State Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers
- Donna Backhaus & Chris Hadder, CGCC Mortuary Science Program
- Dean Fisher, Fisher & Associates Consulting: “Introduction to Alkaline Hydrolysis: Understanding the Process & Procedures”
- Rory McKeown, Dodge: “The Autopsy case: Thinking it Through Steps to Ensure thoroughly Embalmed Autopsy Case” and “Delayed Preparation of the Emaciated Case”
- Joe Larsen, Southern Arizona Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery: “Arizona State Veterans’ Cemeteries Benefits”
- Mary-Frances O’Connor Ph.D., University of Arizona: “The Grieving Brain: How We Learn from Love and Loss”
- Bea E. Lewanduski, NFDA: “Building Resiliency”
- Dave Shank, Johnson Consulting Group: “Leading Your Team for High Performance”
We also elected and installed our 2022-2023 Board of Directors – welcome newest members Trena McSwain, Clent Walker and Kelly Browder and congratulations to Irene Preston for a term renewal!
We hope everyone that attended felt their passion for the profession reignited and left gaining something new to use in their day-to-day operations. We look forward to seeing everyone at our next event!
AFCCA Annual Conference Photo Albums
If you would like the original of any photos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
AFCCA Expo Hall & Supplier Reception
AFCCA Annual Conference and Installation of Officers
AFCCA Annual Award Ceremony
Lifetime Achievement Honorees:
- Harold R Adair, Adair Funeral Homes
- Brad Hansen, Hansen Mortuaries and Cemeteries
Funeral Director Excellence Award
- Katie Sauvageau, Mountain View Funeral Home & Cemetery
- Jenny Aaron
Thank you to Hansen Mortuaries & Cemetery & Pierpoint Studios for the Livestream and Recording of the Award Ceremony
Thank you 2022 Conference Sponsors!
Without the support of our amazing supplier and service partners, as well as AFCCA Members, we could not continue to offer the high quality conferences we host each year. Thank you to each and every one of you!