We currently have an opportunity for a full-time Grounds Crew Associate at Green Acres Cemetery in Scottsdale, AZ.
Role / Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for efficiently maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the cemetery. The maintenance duties also include interments -layout and preparation, grave closure, marker/monument installation, and
Position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and excavate grave spaces according to company standards.
- Assemble and install memorials
- Set outer burial containers and set up graveside committal services including canopy, chairs, casket lowering devices, and artificial grasses.
- Maintain, service, clean, and properly store all equipment and tools.
- Maintain the overall appearance of the cemetery by removing debris, trash, fallen limbs, dead or overgrown foliage from cemetery grounds.
- Conduct interments with the upmost respect, dignity and compassion.
- Maintain the working order and cleanliness of the shops.
- Participate in, master and keep current on our Company’s training and compliance courses.
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Vacation and sick time
- Must be able to use heavy machinery and equipment such as backhoes, tractors, and utility carts. D Must be able to operate small engine tools such as chain saws, blowers, tillers etc.
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical and irrigation preferred.
- Must be willing to work safely and comply with the Company’s safety procedures, including but not limited to, wearing steel-toed shoes, hard hats, gloves, eye and ear protection.
- Requires the ability to apply proper precautions concerning lifting and equipment use.
- Must be able to operate equipment in a safe and careful manner avoiding damage to property. D
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs
- Must comply with OSHA and EPA guidelines concerning storage and use of chemical substances.
- Must be a team player by effectively working with others to accomplish tasks.
- Requires the ability to show respect and sensitivity toward client families while working in a physically demanding environment.
- Must be reliable by arriving on time and giving supervisor adequate notice of problems that may interfere with work schedule.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license also required
Interested candidates should send their resume to Amie Gazda , General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-945-2654
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled