POSITION SUMMARY: Provide professional funeral director service to area families.
- Assist families in making funeral arrangements and decisions. Including, but not limited to:
- Composing and sending obituaries for publication.
- Making prompt and proper contacts in preparation of services.
- Coordinating clergy and fraternal/military organizations.
- Coordinating and confirming involvement of third party vendors.
- Maintain a place in a 24 hour on-call transfer schedule.
- Provide transfer services to families.
- Provide embalming and other preparatory care for the deceased.
- Prepare, set, and direct a variety of funeral and memorial services.
- Coordinate and monitor visitations and memorial gatherings.
- Prepare individuals for cremation and operate crematory according to regulation.
- Prepare and file all necessary legal paperwork.
- Comply with OSHA standards for a safe workplace environment.
- Assist in the general maintenance and cleanliness of the funeral home buildings, grounds, property, and automotive fleet.
- Maintain positive relationships and be in good standing with local communities.
- Operate as a key-holder, responsible for ensuring secure premises.
- Maintain a continued understanding of the funeral service industry through involvement in continuing education, lectures, and seminars.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must have a degree from an accredited Mortuary Science Institution.
- Must have an Arizona State Funeral Director and Embalming License.
- Must have an Arizona Crematory Operator’s License or enter employment with the understanding that Camino del Sol Funeral Chapel will allow the employee to take the Crematory Operator’s Course and Test to obtain it.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to supervise staff and appropriately speak to Camino families.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively use a computer and telephone system.
- Proficient with various computer and software programs.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and standards.
MACHINES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Embalming machines and instruments.
- Crematory equipment including a retort and processor.
- Body lift, either manual hydraulic or automatic winch based.
- Basic office equipment including computer, scanner, telephone, fax machine, laminator and copy machine.
- Funeral vehicles including hearse, processional vehicle, and limousine.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, lift over 60 lbs. and pull/slide over 100 lbs., carry, push, pull, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, talk, hear, and exhibit finger dexterity.
- Must have good depth perception in order to judge distance and special relationships, clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, an excellent field of vision, (can see up, down, left, or right) and the ability to distinguish colors.
Please submit resume to email@example.com