Position Title: Funeral Director and Embalmer
Job Location: Mesa, Arizona
Position Summary: Provide compassionate, professional funeral care to the families we serve.
• Removes and transports deceased from home or hospital to funeral home.
• Provides embalming and other preparatory care of the deceased, including dressing, styling of hair and/or applying cosmetics.
• Meets with families to assist in funeral arrangement decisions, explaining options, assisting in casket/urn selection, provide pricing information and
preparing contract for services.
• Finalizes details discussed during the arrangement, i.e., schedule clergy, finalize death certificate, order casket/urn.
• Directs funeral services and visitations, including greeting family members, instructing pallbearers, driving hearse or utility vehicle.
• Handles contracts, legal documents and collection of payment in accordance with company policy.
• Ensure all files and paperwork is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with State Laws and Regulations.
• Arranges for the interment of cremation or human remains.
• Taking first calls.
• Answering phones and assisting with families who come into the funeral home.
• Assist in the general maintenance and cleanliness of the funeral home, grounds and property.
• Work on call as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a degree from an accredited Mortuary Science Institution.
• Must have an Arizona State Funeral Director and Embalming License.
• Must have a high level of compassion and integrity.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with interruptions.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org