William Aaron has long served the Funeral Industry in Arizona. His dedication to the industry, high ethical standards, love for the trade and community involvement make him a Funeral Director to look up to and model after. William has served as President to the Arizona Funeral Directors Association as well as the National Funeral Directors Association.
To be eligible for the AFCCA William Aaron Scholarship, the following items must be submitted:
- A cover letter explaining why applicant believes he/she is a worthy candidate for the scholarship (financial need will be taken into consideration but is not the determining factor.)
- An essay, not less than 1000 words or more than 2500 words, entitled “Why I Want To Be a Funeral Director”. Essays must be typewritten, double spaced, with one-inch margins. Essays containing spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors will be subject to automatic disqualification. The essay may be published, and applicant, by his/her submission, waives any copyright or other intellectual property right over it.
- Verification from Chandler Gilbert Community College that applicant is a full time student enrolled in the Mortuary Science Program and is maintaining a “B” or better grade average.
- Applicant must be a full time student enrolled in the Mortuary Science Program at Chandler Gilbert Community College.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Arizona.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of the Arizona Funeral, Cemetery & Cremation Association based on the evaluation of the submitted documents.
- All Applications must be received by March 31st of the year of they are enrolled in the Mortuary Science Program.
- The scholarship is for $1,000 and will be awarded at the May Mortuary Science Commencement Ceremony
Submit application below or mail hard copy to:
2473 S. Higley Rd, Suite 104, PMB 309
Gilbert, AZ 85925