This is your chance to be a part of the exciting changes and growth of your association. All members of the association are encouraged to apply.
Those who choose to be considered for an elected leadership role with the AFCCA will be working on behalf of the Association on projects and initiatives that benefit the greater good of the Funeral Industry in the state of Arizona. This includes:
- Listen to any ideas to improve the industry as a whole
- Legislative issues that can affect all in the funeral, cemetery & cremation industries, members or not
- Educational and certification programs for required CEU’s
- The Annual Convention opportunities for face to face relations with peers and providers
Board members work within a task force to develop stronger membership benefits and exciting sponsorship opportunities. There has never been a more important or exciting time to be part of the AFCCA as we work to expand and enhance all of our initiatives and member benefits!
Board service is extremely important. As a board member, you will be asked to attend scheduled board meetings either in-person or via Zoom. You will also be given the opportunity to either lead or work on task forces that may meet in person or via conference call.
- Must be the owner, manager or employee of a current AFCCA Firm Member. If you are unsure if your firm is currently a member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be able to attend regularly scheduled board meetings in person or via zoom. Typically on second Thursday of each month.
- We ask that all board members attend the Annual Conference in June each year.
- We ask that all board members participate in most AFCCA events (e.g. Fall Mixer, Maintenance Seminar, Golf Outing, etc)
- Must act as ambassadors of AFCCA and adhere to our mission statement.
For the upcoming election, to be held at our Annual Convention at the Arizona Grand Resort on June 9, 2021, we have the following board positions open:
- Two Funeral Board Director Seats (3-year Term)
- One Cemetery Board Director Seat (3-year Term)