Our Arizona Funeral Director will be responsible for the following:
- Handle registering deaths for the state as well as ordering death certificates.
- Funeral Law and Training
Serve as our in-house expert on state funeral law and help provide continuous training for our team.
Escalations as issues arise, you will be responsible for assisting our team in troubleshooting issues and making sure our families are always highly satisfied with the experience.
Know, understand, and demonstrate our company vision and ready to actively contribute to it.
- At least one year of experience as a licensed funeral director
- Extensive experience with D.A.V.E.
- Comfortable with technology, PDF, and email
- Knowledge of funeral laws and regulations
Very competitive compensation with benefits including, Medical, Dental, Disability, and matching 401k.
We’re Arizona’s #1. Specializing in direct cremation, we offer one simple product that can be arranged online or over the phone. We present a low-cost, high-quality streamlined process, and transparent prices. Our goal is to serve our families with an efficient, no hassle experience.
At Abel Funeral Services, we choose team work! Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage our team members to find innovative ways to improve the process and streamline the family experience. A positive attitude and the ability to be coached is a must.
This position manages all phases of the funeral arrangement including selecting and setting up funeral services to final disposition, as well as, embalming, cosmetology, dressing, hairstyling and any other preparation required for the deceased. The successful candidate will have strong planning, organizational and time management skills and a current license in Arizona.
- Conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional and caring manner
- Assist in the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and vehicles
- Ensure that all federal, state and local regulations related to the funeral industry are followed
- Prepare the chapel and deceased for the family before the services start
- Ensure that personal belongings are returned to the family after services
- Maintain care for the deceased at all times
- Follow all logging, identification, casketing and cremation procedures
- Complete embalming, disinfecting, dressing, preparing and casketing the deceased using appropriate precautions and OSHA standards in a manner that honors the deceased
- 1+ years of funeral industry experience
- Professional communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive situations in a non-confrontational manner
- Understanding of the services and options available to client families
- Arranges and coordinates shipment or transportation of remains to interstate Funeral Homes
- Works independently with little or no supervision
- Stocks and cleans preparation room and refrigeration coolers
- 1 year experience as a Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer.
- Valid Arizona State Funeral Director/ Embalmer License.
- Attend and perform work in a professional and courteous manner in accordance with the employer’s requirements.
- Demonstrate willingness to participate in off-site community activities.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume to Info@abelfuneralservices.com