Gilbert Memorial Park Funeral Home & Cemetery
A unique opportunity to help build and execute a vision of what funeral and cemetery service should look like at a brand new cemetery and funeral home combination in one of the best cities in America. Under the direction of a 4th generation family-owned business with a great reputation, Gilbert Memorial Park is currently under construction and is anticipated to open in the Summer of 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Be a visionary. Build a team. Help create a best in class experience for the families of Gilbert and surrounding areas. Help build on a great culture already established by a forward-thinking family-run business that takes great pride in providing the highest level of service to families.
Will plan, organize, coordinate and manage the office and grounds activities of a modern, beautiful new cemetery. May also coordinate work flow, oversee and manage a harmonious interaction between the Sales, Mortuary, and Cemetery personnel.
- Select, train and motivate location staff to assure that they create and maintain a premier level of client family satisfaction.
- Work with others to achieve the location’s annual financial and marketing goals.
- Assure that staff members understand location goals, policies and procedures and work as a team to accomplish set goals.
- Ensure that services are conducted in a manner that exceeds the expectations of our client families and friends.
- Purchase of maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Maintain at an acceptable level all landscape areas, buildings, mausoleums, features, roads, walls and walks.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulatory agencies as well as all company directed safety, compliance, and procedural policies.
- Maintain safe working conditions for all personnel and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and follow safety regulations.
- Maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly inventory records, safety records and any additional reports.
- Complete monthly, weekly and daily work schedules for the full staff to ensure sufficient use of personnel necessary to accomplish all assigned tasks.
- Coordinate the proper handling of customer requests.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and maintain MSDA book.
- Ensure proper identification of spaces for openings and closings for interment, inurnment or entombment services.
- Complete all work orders and installation of markers, mausoleum plates and/or lettering in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all maintenance personnel are knowledgeable of and comply with company benefits and policies.
- Ensure timely filing of all facility safety inspection reports and conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Maintain inventories of all merchandise in sufficient quantities to meet regular operational needs.
- Develop and maintain a positive environment so that employees are motivated to strive for performance excellence and achievement.
- Provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will exceed the needs of every client family and uphold the core values of our Company.
- Identify, implement, and continuously improve the internal business practices that impact customer satisfaction, employee morale, and financial performance.
- Exceed the location’s financial goal targets, market the location within the community, and build relationships with key influencers.
- Engage in and support all sales related activities, programs, and personnel.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Previous Cemetery Management experience is essential with at least 3 years of experience preferred.
- Must understand how to analyze financial reports to determine actions necessary to maintain and/or improve the location’s performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A willingness to participate in community events and/or organizations.
- Superior management skills and desire to advance within the company.
- Two years’ experience supervising both cemetery staff and maintenance personnel.
- Good communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle the pressure of daily and weekly deadlines.
- Current valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass background check.
- Multi-task oriented.
- General mechanical ability, and knowledge of the proper use and maintenance of small hand tools, vehicles, and cemetery equipment.
- Capable of manual labor and able to lift at least 45 lbs.
- Must be able to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Able to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Creative ability to see things differently and respectfully challenge the status quo.
- Kindness and humility.
- This is a unique opportunity to help build and execute a vision of what funeral and cemetery service should look like.
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits based on your qualifications.
- Your input and voice will help craft the vision of the cemetery.
- A family-owned organization with a long history and stellar reputation.
- An opportunity to live in one of the best cities in America:
- Top 20 places to live in The United States (per 24/7 Wall St.)
- 7th Happiest City in America (Zippia, 2016)
- 2nd Safest City in the United States (Law Street Media, 2016)
- 2nd Best City for Under-35 Homeownership (SmartAsset, 2017)
- 4th Best School District in America – Gilbert Public Schools (Alarms.org, 2018)
- Best City for Raising a Family (Move.org, 2016)
- Top 10 Cleanest Cities in America (Expedia, 2016)
- And much more!
Visit GilbertMemorialPark.com for an animated tour of the property.
Qualified Applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com – all applicants will be held in strict confidence.